Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Recent Poetry by Becky

An empty mind inside my head – a view not worth keeping but not letting go – behind me are many places I have never really been to and in front of me the sky is full of nothing to do – Let me fall into that abyss – let me fall because I cannot float here in limbo any longer – the past haunts me and the future is a silent, mysterious darkness – I hate to be inside and I hate to be out in the cold – Fearful of scarcity and resentful of abundance – taking without thought and giving without purpose – Hands in stone and feet on clay – basking in a speck of light – daring to speak out but flinching to listen – This place in me has no words – this place in me lacks image and color – this time is wasted before it has a chance to exist – once I had life, I think . . . – I think I remember that you were there – What happened to that memory? – What did I do to lose it?! - My brain boils with anger – I hate myself – The safest hate and the most destructive - my pride burns me and makes me coarse – like cinders in a pit of rocks - a pit in my mind - an empty mind.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a side of you that isn't readily apparent. It's always cool to see into someone through their expression. Cool lyrics daddy-o *snaps fingers in applause*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks - I like this little poem because it is the closest I've come to expressing those dark inner thoughts and feelings. I've made a few improvements to it over the month or so since I wrote it and it gets better and more true to the desired expression all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete